Thursday, March 5, 2009

Jamie's in my home

This past weekend I finally purchased the newest cookbook that I've been drooling over for a while now, Jamie Oliver's Jamie at Home. Ever since it came out last year, I've been wanting to get it and try some of his recipes. This book centers around Jamie's garden and all that he grows and incorporates into his recipes. Each chapter is based on a vegetable or fruit and gives you recipes for each item and then Jamie's tips on how to grow that veggie or fruit.

I love this because even though I'm in an apartment and have such a small piece of ground right outside my door, I am going to try and grow some vegetables this spring and summer and I can't wait to read Jamie's tips for growing (even though he grows in Britain and I am in the Deep South). I'm looking forward to trying the Curried Cauliflower Fritters and the Tray-Baked Meringue with Pears, Cream, Toasted Hazelnuts and Chocolate Sauce.


Watch out tomorrow for the start of a new cooking project!

1 comment:

  1. I love this book too...I gave it to Tam(my blog partner) as a Christmas gift last year-it's so fresh and flavourful...I think I may have to purchase my own copy.
    Looking forward to seeing recipes come alive on your blog...did you know you can subscibe to his website!

    ReplyDelete