Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Paris in the Summertime

This weekend while I was looking through some old boxes, I found a few photos I took when I went to Europe in 1999 on a trip. I thought I'd share a few with you this week as I reminisce how much fun I had on the trip. The honor band that I traveled with performed concerts all over Europe for a month. The scenery was spectacular and I've always wanted to go back and visit many of the places we stayed and performed. Today's pictures are from Paris and our three day stay there.



We stayed in a hotel about two blocks from the Eiffel Tower and as soon as we arrived in our hotel late in the evening, I remember the whole group decided to walk on over and see what the Tower looked like at night. Being the summer before the millennium, they had the countdown clock going on the side of the Tower and it was such a wonderful sight to see. I remember taking about 200 pictures while on the trip and it costing me an arm and a leg to develop them when I returned home. Thank goodness that we have digital photography now!

Images: vintage yankee

No comments:

Post a Comment