Friday, April 16, 2010

Apartment Decor

I have been working over the past two years on decorating my apartment and going room by room in this effort. I started with my kitchen/dining area then went on to my craft/office room. Now that those two areas are basically complete, I've been focusing on my living room and bathroom. Once those are done, I will be tackling the bedroom. Since I rent, I have the problem of not being able to paint or put up wallpaper, but my apartment has neutral colored walls and wood floors which have acted as a great backdrop to what I want to do.

In my living room, I have been using a neutral palate of tans and off-whites along with black as an accent color. I have dark wood furniture and all of the pictures on my walls are framed in black. I like this color palate because it allows me to accent with brighter colors and change things around easily according to the holiday or time of year. I recently purchased a couple of items from the Liberty of London for Target line to go with my color scheme; a tray to hold some of my books and an accent bowl. I also purchased a decorative ceramic plate to hang on my wall from the new West Elm line by PATCH NYC. I love this plate because of the thistle design and got it as an ode to my Scottish heritage.




In my bathroom, I have used the hint of green in the wall color to draw from and have accented with greens and blues. My uncle has given me some beautiful vases in these colors and they look great next to my Raoul Dufy framed art work. So when I saw that Amy Butler's new line of towels for Bed Bath & Beyond were available in a green and blue floral design, I had to get them! These were a birthday present from my parents and brother as I've been wanting them for a long time and they are a bit pricey.

Amy Butler Towels

Now that I am getting things together in each of these rooms, I promise pictures of the room when they have been completed! I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment