Monday, September 20, 2010

British Week - Designers


This week is British Week here on the vintage yankee and I will be sharing some of my favorite things British.  The week will culminate with a fun project tutorial and download (a sneak peek is in the British Week header above)!  Today we start with some of my favorite British designers.

First up is Cath Kidston.  I have loved Cath's style since the beginning.  Her use of bright colors and prints and her ability to mix old with new is amazing.  I love how she is able to produce items for her line that are new but evoke an old world, vintagey feel.  Even more exciting is that you can view the Cath Kidston website in American currency and have her items shipped to you here in the states!





Images: Cath Kidston

Next up is Lisa Stickley London.  Lisa's fun, funky use of florals just makes me smile.  She uses a lot of basic black and light blue but adds in a smattering funky colors like neon pink and yellow.  Lisa just recently came out with a book, Made at Home that has lots of fun and simple sewing projects for your home.  Definitely a book to check out.




My last shop on this post isn't really a designer but is a very fun shop, Caravan.  A cute little shop in London, owner Emily has done an amazing job of putting together fun obscure objects from past and present to sell in her shop.  Even though I've never been to Caravan, just looking through their website gives you a feel of how fun the place must be.  Take a look at some of the style boards they have put together to give you an idea of what they shop is all about. (I really want to purchase the cute little caravan for my office!)




No comments:

Post a Comment