Tuesday, September 21, 2010

British Week - Chatsworth House

Today for our British Week I wanted to show you some shots from one of my favorite houses in England, Chatsworth House.  If you recognize this house, it is probably from familiar because it was used as Pemberley in the recent production of Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen.  Chatsworth is the home to the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire and has been in their family for years and years.  I love how picturesque the house looks on the grounds and how the grounds just roll around the house so perfectly.  This year is the 90th birthday of Deborah Devonshire and the family is celebrating with many activities and an interesting celebration of her life.  This is definitely a stop on my next trip to England!







1 comment:

  1. I love British week! Wish it were all the time!
    Also, love the new look of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete