Monday, February 15, 2010

William Morris

I wanted to share a book with you that I recently purchased about artist, textile designer and writer William Morris. Morris was very influential in the Arts & Crafts movement in England in the 1800s and I have always thought of him as an amazing artist. He produced many a floral textiles that even today we see in many homes.

I purchased William Morris and the Arts and Crafts Home so that I could read more about his life and his business Morris, Marshall, Faulkner & Co and to see many more of his paintings and textile designs. This book showcases a lot of Morris' work during his lifetime and even the influences since his death. If you like his work as much as I do, then this book is for you.







For much more on William Morris and the Arts & Crafts movement, visit the Victoria & Albert Museum, London.

Pictures via vintage yankee.

No comments:

Post a Comment