Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Vintage Treasure

As most of you know, I have been taking a blogging class which has been giving me all sorts of ideas to improve and expand the blog for both your pleasure and mine. One of the improvements that I am going to make is to start a series every couple of weeks called Vintage Treasure where I feature a vintage item that I have found and researched.


Today's Vintage Treasure is a Double Decker Bus Bank that I recently purchased at the antique mall. It's vibrant red ceramic and shows a sticker along the side that reads 'British Is Best', along with the Union Jack flag. If you know anything about me, it's that I love everything British, so this bank fit perfectly into my collection. The one I purchased is a little worn, but you can see a newer version here. I've been doing some research on it and apparently on the newer versions of the bus there are more stickers on the side that read "Spur Novelties #14 Piccadilly Circus, Oxford St. Bond St." I believe mine is an older version as there is a lot of wear and tear and it doesn't look as though other stickers were in the places that the newer versions have them in. How cute is this little British novelty. Definitely a piece that I am thrilled to have in my care.

Picture: vintage yankee

No comments:

Post a Comment