Thursday, June 4, 2009

Wedding Door Monograms

This is the final DIY project that my mom & I did for my cousin's wedding. We wanted something on the front doors of the chapel as you walked in and also behind the head table at the reception. So we decided to make L & J monograms.

We first found a font that wasn't very intricate and I downloaded it from 1001 free fonts. We used Chancery Cursive. I formatted the font big enough for an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper and we printed the letters on to overhead projector sheets. We used the overhead projector and traced the letters onto a piece of white poster board and then cut them out.



I then handed them over to my brother and he used the blown up letters to trace onto pieces of cardboard. We wanted the letters to be strong enough to hang on the doors, so my brother glued four layers of the cut out cardboard together which made them very strong and thick.



After these were glued together, my mom found bags of moss at our local landscaping store and used a hot glue gun to glue it onto the cardboard letters.



Once all of the moss had been put on the letters, she added some pink ribbon and a couple of white doves.




They came out gorgeous and I love that the project was a collaborative effort by the whole family (my dad even helped by telling my mom where to place the bows and doves).

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! They came out looking so nice too!

    ReplyDelete