Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wedding Flowers

I have finally gotten things together and wanted to show you some of the flower and table arrangements my mom and I did for my cousin's wedding. In the end, I didn't get to help out as much (maid of honor duties called) but our whole family banded together and decorated the pavilion for the reception and the chapel for the ceremony. They did a great job!

These shots are of the altar area and the chair arrangements on the aisle. My aunt and cousin found this gorgeous gothic screen and mom accented it with two all pink peony arrangements. For the ceremony, we dimmed the lights and lit the candles in the screen.


For the chair arrangements, mom found a set of light pink placemats and napkins at the local antique store and stitched them together to make a pocket. Then she inserted the flowers into floral water tubes and put them into the pockets.


Here are some shots of the pavilion where the reception took place. You can see two of the three arrangements my mom put together. My cousin wanted some height, so we used white branches with hanging votives. We also did pillars with sand, moss and light pink pillar candles and the third arrangement (not pictured) were round glass bowls with floating pink peonies.




My cousin had a 'green' wedding theme so as favors she gave out trees and printed her programs on seed paper, to be planted later. My uncle painted the sign for the trees.




Here are couple of the professional shots of the reception area.



All photos are by me, except the professional shots and the shot of the program. They are by J.Frey Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment